OPN Architects, Inc. is an award-winning Midwest design firm with a diverse practice. We have offices in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa and Madison, Wisconsin. Our current projects include a major performing arts building, public libraries, research and laboratory space, academic buildings, K-12 schools and planning projects for a wide range of clients. We have a robust internship program with student designers working in the studio over the course of the year.
We are currently hiring for all positions in all studios, including:
- Marketing / Creative Specialist
- Intern Architects
- Interior Designers
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF or online) to email@example.com. Please include your name and the desired position in the subject line of your email.
We are currently seeking an exceptionally creative professional to join our marketing team. If you love design and can manipulate words and pictures into a compelling marketing message under tight deadlines, we want to talk to you. Our search will not be guided solely by years of experience or skillset—we are looking for the right fit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Utilize desktop publishing, writing and graphic design skills to produce proposals, charts, graphs, brochures, awards submissions, presentations, public relations materials, design guidelines and other graphic communication efforts.
- Read and analyze RFPs and edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements, minimizing style differences from multiple authors.
- Develop strong working relationships with principals, staff and consultants.
- Create promotions and content for web and social media.
- Organize and maintain project photography.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Advanced experience and proficiency in graphic programs such as InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and PowerPoint.
- Strong writing and editing skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and responsible – you take ownership of your work and never miss a deadline. You’re always trying to maximize and improve your work.
- Problem solver – you easily identify relevant information and understand how to adapt it into a creative, client-focused message.
- People person – you bring a sense of fun to your work and easily engage with other people.
- Unshakable – you can maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines, and changing priorities.
This is a deadline-driven, hands-on, full-time, salaried position (though not a management position) that may require additional hours and occasional travel between offices (Cedar Rapids / Des Moines / Madison).
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply by e-mailing your cover letter, resume and professional work samples as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8. Please include “YOUR NAME” + CREATIVE SPECIALIST in the subject line of your email.