OPN Architects, Inc. is an award-winning Midwest design firm with a diverse practice. We have offices in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa and Madison, Wisconsin. Our current projects include a major performing arts building, public libraries, research and laboratory space, academic buildings, K-12 schools and planning projects for a wide range of clients. We have a robust internship program with student designers working in the studio over the course of the year.
While our hiring needs may change, we are always interested in hearing from talented:
- Intern Architects
- Interior Designers
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF or online) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the desired position in the subject line of your email.Thanks!
OPN is a 100+ person, award-winning architectural firm. We are currently seeking an exceptionally creative professional to join our marketing team. If you love design and can manipulate words and pictures into a compelling marketing message, we want to talk to you. Our search will not be guided solely by years of experience or skillset—we are looking for the right fit. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Read and analyze RFPs and develop work plan to execute a winning response.
- Write and edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements, minimizing style differences from multiple authors.
- Utilize desktop publishing skills to produce proposals, charts, graphs, brochures, awards submissions, presentations, public relations materials, design guidelines and other graphic communication efforts.
- Create written content for case studies, web articles, press releases, e-newsletters and social media.
- Organize and maintain project photography.
- Track project details and maintain database of project information.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field.
- Advanced proficiency in InDesign and MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated and responsible – you take ownership of your work and never miss a deadline. You’re always trying to maximize and improve your work.
- Problem solver – you easily identify relevant information and understand how to adapt it into a creative, client-focused message.
- People person – you bring a sense of fun to your work and easily engage with other people.
- Unshakable – you can maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under deadlines.
- Experience working with architecture and engineering firms is a plus.
This is a full-time, salaried position based in our Des Moines studio. The position may require additional hours and occasional travel between offices (Cedar Rapids / Des Moines / Madison). OPN offers a fun and collaborative working environment and competitive salary and benefits. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply by e-mailing your cover letter, resume and professional work samples as a PDF to email@example.com by April 20, 2015. Please include “YOUR NAME” + CREATIVE STRATEGIST in the subject line of your email.
OPN is a 100+ person, regional award-winning architectural firm. We are currently seeking a Building Information Model (BIM) Manager to complement multiple offices in Des Moines, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA and Madison, WI. The successful BIM Manager will provide support to project teams in design and construction document production, advancement of BIM proficiency and assist with strategies to coordinate BIM in service to design excellence. The ideal candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills and have the “heart” of a teacher. This position is not an Information Technology position. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, upgrade and deploy strategies for the BIM implementation effort
- Responsible for BIM standards development and implementation, automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity
- Assist on project work – provide instruction on project modeling and detailing, resolve BIM design issues
- Support the BIM technology needs of our satellite offices, troubleshoot problems
- Conduct internal continuing education Revit Architecture training sessions, attend conferences, seminars and workshops for BIM
- Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM in collaboration with IT, research and evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
- Act as liaison for BIM process with : Future planning for potential uses of BIM, sustainable design, facilities management and integrated project delivery
- Maintain involvement with industry organizations: AUGI, local user groups
- 5+ years production experience in architectural design, drafting or engineering
- 2 year degree minimum requirement, architectural or engineering degree preferred
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of current REVIT versions with emphasis on project setup
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to manage teams and relationships with a diplomatic style of leadership and meet deadlines
- Strong skills in ability to teach and mentor others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proficiency in Autodesk, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, candidate should have expertise in interfacing programs for seamless project delivery
If you are looking for new challenges and the opportunity to advance your career we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “YOUR NAME” + BIM Manager in the subject line of your email. See what we are all about at www.opnarchitects.com.