OPN Architects, Inc. is an award-winning Midwest design firm with a diverse practice. We have offices in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa and Madison, Wisconsin. Our current projects include a major performing arts building, public libraries, research and laboratory space, academic buildings, K-12 schools and planning projects for a wide range of clients. We have a robust internship program with student designers working in the studio over the course of the year.
While our hiring needs may change, we are always interested in hearing from talented:
- Intern Architects
- Interior Designers
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF or online) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the desired position in the subject line of your email.Thanks!
Marketing | Creative Specialist
We are currently seeking an exceptionally creative professional to join our marketing team. If you love writing and design and can manipulate words and pictures into a compelling marketing message under tight deadlines, we want to talk to you. Our search will not be guided solely by years of experience or skillset—we are looking for the right fit.
- Read and analyze RFPs and develop work plan to execute a winning response.
- Write and edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements, minimizing style differences from multiple authors.
- Utilize desktop publishing skills to produce proposals, charts, graphs, brochures, awards submissions, presentations, public relations materials, design guidelines and other graphic communication efforts.
- Create written content for case studies, web articles, press releases, e-newsletters and social media.
- Organize and maintain project photography.
- Track project details and maintain database of project information.
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Graphic Design, English or related field.
- Advanced proficiency in InDesign and MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong, creative writing skills.
- Self-motivated and responsible – you take ownership of your work and never miss a deadline. You’re always trying to maximize and improve your work.
- Problem solver – you easily identify relevant information and understand how to adapt it into a creative, client-focused message.
- People person – you bring a sense of fun to your work and easily engage with other people.
- Unshakable – you can maintain a strong sense of focus and confidence under tight deadlines, and changing priorities.
- Experience working with architecture and engineering firms is a plus.
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply by e-mailing your cover letter, resume and professional work samples as a PDF by December 15. Please include “YOUR NAME” + CREATIVE SPECIALIST in the subject line of your email.