OPN Architects, Inc. is an award-winning Midwest design firm with a diverse practice. We have offices in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa and Madison, Wisconsin. Our current projects include a major performing arts building, public libraries, research and laboratory space, academic buildings, K-12 schools and planning projects for a wide range of clients. We have a robust internship program with student designers working in the studio over the course of the year.
While our hiring needs may change, we are always interested in hearing from talented:
- Intern Architects
- Interior Designers
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and portfolio (PDF or online) to email@example.com. Please include your name and the desired position in the subject line of your email.Thanks!
We are currently seeking a Marketing Director to lead our 4-person marketing team. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and self-directed with skills to strengthen client development and retention. This position will be located in our Cedar Rapids office, but will be responsible for an integrated marketing strategy for the entire company.
- Strategic and creative leadership of marketing team.
- Develop and implement strategies for business development and efforts relative to new market development.
- Manage the development of proposals, presentations, technical papers, and other firm communications and business development materials.
- Develop content for case studies, web articles, press releases, e-newsletters, videos and social media to tell the stories of projects and firm initiatives.
- Work with designers and writers to produce proposals, charts, graphs, brochures, awards submissions, presentations, public relations materials, design guidelines, videos and other graphic communication efforts.
- Establish strategic and financial budgets for marketing efforts.
- Oversight of the firm website and maintenance of relevant marketing database information.
- Oversee project photography.
- Develop and manage content for organization’s web presence.
- 5+ years of experience in the marketing or graphic design industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, or related field.
- Advanced proficiency in InDesign and MS Office programs.
- Strong leadership skills to manage marketing team effectively.
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to manage teams and relationships with a diplomatic style of leadership and meet deadlines.
- Strong skills in ability to teach and mentor others.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external clients.
- Experience working with architecture and engineering firms is a plus.
The position may require additional hours and occasional travel between offices (Cedar Rapids / Des Moines / Madison). OPN offers a fun and collaborative working environment and competitive salary and benefits.
If you have the qualifications we are looking for, apply by e-mailing your cover letter and resume as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “YOUR NAME” + Marketing Director in the subject line of your email.
OPN Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OPN Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
We are currently seeking a Building Information Model (BIM) Manager to complement multiple offices in Des Moines, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA and Madison, WI. The successful BIM Manager will provide support to project teams in design and construction document production, advancement of BIM proficiency and assist with strategies to coordinate BIM in service to design excellence. The ideal candidate must possess excellent organizational and communication skills and have the “heart” of a teacher. This position is not an Information Technology position. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create, upgrade and deploy strategies for the BIM implementation effort
- Responsible for BIM standards development and implementation, automate routines in BIM to support standards and productivity
- Assist on project work – provide instruction on project modeling and detailing, resolve BIM design issues
- Support the BIM technology needs of our satellite offices, troubleshoot problems
- Conduct internal continuing education Revit Architecture training sessions, attend conferences, seminars and workshops for BIM
- Manage the implementation of supporting software for BIM in collaboration with IT, research and evaluate new BIM related software and technologies
- Act as liaison for BIM process with : Future planning for potential uses of BIM, sustainable design, facilities management and integrated project delivery
- Maintain involvement with industry organizations: AUGI, local user groups
- 5+ years production experience in architectural design, drafting or engineering
- 2 year degree minimum requirement, architectural or engineering degree preferred
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of current REVIT versions with emphasis on project setup
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, ability to manage teams and relationships with a diplomatic style of leadership and meet deadlines
- Strong skills in ability to teach and mentor others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have proficiency in Autodesk, Microsoft Suite, Adobe Suite, candidate should have expertise in interfacing programs for seamless project delivery
If you are looking for new challenges and the opportunity to advance your career we invite you to submit your cover letter and resume as a PDF to email@example.com. Please include “YOUR NAME” + BIM Manager in the subject line of your email. .