E300 Grand Avenue is a mixed-use building in downtown Des Moines, featuring retail space on the ground level and seventy-nine apartments on the upper levels. Featuring a choice in size, the apartments are designed as efficiency, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom. The apartments range in size from 400 to 1,000 Square Feet, each unit has a private exterior deck. E300 Grand Avenue addresses a growing trend in downtown living, while showcasing fantastic views of the capitol and downtown. Offering amenities such as a community room, a roof top exercise room and exterior roof top patio, it is designed to make the most of loft-style living.
- Geothermal Energy – one of the largest residential systems ever installed in Iowa – features several 400-foot deep underground loops filled with environmentally safe antifreeze, provide all the heating, cooling, and hot water needs for the building’s residential units.
- Cool Roof membrane to avoid heat-island effect
- Low E glazing (Improved energy efficiency)
- Bike racks & access to public transportation (promotes energy efficient methods of transportation)
- Indoor Chemical & Pollutant Control (improved indoor air quality)
- Icynene Spray Foam Insulation
- Building lighting that avoids light pollutant to adjacent properties
- Dedicated recycling area within building complex
- Exhaust air equipped with energy recovery system (improved energy efficiency)
- Storm water management with gravel filtration
- High efficiency appliances in each unit
- High efficiency lighting throughout building